Whether you have an existing CMM or have a new machine on the way, our team can be a valuable resource to support your programming needs.
Our applications group has decades of experience supporting any CMM or gauging project. And when it comes to 5-Axis metrology, we are the experts, so let us help you get more out of your CMM. We understand the critical nature of production requirements and can build accurate high throughput programs or even optimize your current programs to help reduce cycle time for your inspections. When it comes to programming support for your CMM we know there is no one-size-fits-all approach, this is why we can apply our knowledge to provide a custom solution to your exact needs.
- Basic programming assistance: We know you will have questions and run into a challenging measurement from time to time, that is where our AE staff steps in. The AIMS team takes pride in helping our customers get these quick answers.
- Contract programming: Our engineers have extensive experience across many industries. Reach out to us with your unique needs and we will take it from there. AIMS offers full service custom programs to augment your internal resources or if you are in a time crunch with a fast-approaching deadline.
- Start-up Programming: to get you going with your new machine. These programs can work as solid foundation templates to use as guides as new, future programs are developed.
- Standard Programming: AIMS jumps in with our sleeves rolled up ready to deliver for those straightforward projects were you just need a solution fast to meet a deadline.
- Advanced Programming: for difficult, complex parts – let our experienced staff take on your toughest programming challenges to ensure your CMM performs, and production can have confidence in the results.
- Full Turnkey Programming Package: AIMS has become known for listening to customer needs and having them pass the keys over to deliver an end-to-end complete package including programming, required probing, fixturing, and training on the finished product.
- Interactive Custom Front Ends: When you have programming set and ready to go, but need to make the interface more user friendly, we can help. This is an increasing area of service as production needs limited staff to focus on the job at hand and to simplify the tasks for better shop floor interaction.
- Productivity Increases: The AIMS team can take your current programs and optimize them for better throughput and more repeatable results. We can even set the system up to run multiple parts to improve efficiency and free your operators to do other critical tasks.
- Automation programming: We have been automating our CMMs and Equators for years. Our team can work with your automation group, or we can supply all the automation for your project. We can support just the gauge automation or include the machine tending in our package as well.
- CMM Training: We appreciate the learning curve of getting a new system up and going or the challenges customers face when they have turnover in their staff. We offer complete training packages, both in house and on-site. Click Here for more information.
- Custom Fixturing: Almost all parts need to be fixtured on the CMM properly to get accurate repeatable results. Our applications engineers can develop simple fixtures utilizing the Renishaw modular fixturing components or more advanced fixtures built in house. At AIMS we utilize our factory precision machine shop that lets us control the complete process from design through manufacturing to ensure it works right the first time.
- Custom Gauges: Not every part feature can be measured on a CMM. Our applications staff can help with parts that require more accuracy or where a high-speed option is required. Our sister company, CMI Technology, manufactures custom gauges - either hard mechanical or air gauges for high-volume measurement of identical parts. Click Here for more information.
The AIMS Metrology difference
Our experience providing customers comprehensive, turnkey services set AIMS Metrology apart. In addition to our full line of CMMs and custom gauges, we offer superior customer support when it comes to servicing what we sell.
Not sure where to begin? Talk to us about your production goals. Our experts can evaluate your needs and suggest the best solutions based on your parts, volume, cycle times, and quality concerns.